Accounts Receivable/General Accounting Specialist:
We are currently seeking a highly detailed self-starter for this position. The Accounts Receivable/General Accounting Specialist will be responsible for the full cycle Accounts Receivable process including accurately posting payments to customer accounts, correct application to general ledger, identification and resolution of discrepancies, reconciliation of customer accounts, customer service support, and general account reconciliations.
Selected candidate will have 3-5 years accounts receivable/general accounting experience, strong initiative and be a self-starter. Bachelor's degree in accounting perferred, but not required. Additional skills for the position include strong computer skills, professional communication skills both written and verbal, ability to work across functions and excel in a team environment that promotes a can do, will do attitude.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepares daily cash deposits
- Enter finalized cash receipts and updates accounts receivable ledger by customer.
- Obtain and mails invoice copies for customers, as requested.
- File check stubs and bank receipts.
- Research and processes customer deductions of invoice payment.
- Research and processes credit memos and invoices.
- Answer accounts receivable phone inquiries and follows up.
- Call and/or mail correspondence to customers as necessary in order to update accounts.
- Support customer service by fielding phone calls and processing orders
- Process customer accrual reports and broker commissions
- Monthly General Ledger Account reconciliations
- Assist with related special projects, as required.
We are a well-established growing family owned and operated manufacturing company in the Stockton area that offers an excellent working environment with opportunity for career advancement. We offer a competitive compensation package which includes health, dental, vision, vacation, and 401k.
If interested, please attach resume and cover letter along with salary requirements.