Kruger Foods, Inc. is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to join our rapidly growing company. We make pickles, banana peppers, jalapeño peppers, bell peppers, relish and diced peppers for salsa. Join our team to make the perfect pickle.
Primary responsibility is establishing, implementing and maintaining of programs necessary for Food Safety, Quality Systems, HACCP, GMP, SQF, Product Development, Sanitation, Pest Control Programs and other regulatory/compliance or customer specific programs, including Food Security. Manage the Quality Assurance Department to ensure quality standards are met and customer satisfaction is achieved. Monitor laboratory testing and results to ensure the highest standards are met. Establish the position as the in-plant expert on pickled and acidified products quality and food safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
-Maintains Master Sanitation Schedules
-Prepares and validates standard operation procedures
-Maintains factory allergen and other quality control programs
-Coordinates plant Sanitation/Regulatory/GMP inspection and audit programs. Acts as main point of contact for 3rd party auditors as well as other regulators.
-Coordinates continuous improvement activities to meet the needs of our plant as well as our customer's needs.
-Drives an effective corrective action program.
-Develops and delivers sanitation, GMP, Pest Control, allergen, Micro, QA and regulatory training programs in coordination with SQF standards.
-Maintains HACCP plan.
- Bachelor of Science in relevant field
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a Quality Leadership role in a food manufacturing environment required.
- Knowledge of various types of production and packaging lines.
- HPLC Knowledge
- HACCP Certification
- Experience overseeing sanitation, food safety, audits, etc.
- Positive attitude with strong initiative
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience with GFSI Audit