Accounts Payable Specialist:
We are currently seeking a highly detailed self-starter for this position. The Accounts Payable Specialist provides financial, administrative and clerical services for Kruger Foods, Inc. This includes processing and monitoring payments and expenditures. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that municipal finances are accurate and up to date, that staff is paid in a timely and appropriate manner and that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits.
Selected candidate will have 3-5 years accounts payable experience, strong initiative and be a self-starter. Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred, but not required. Additional skills for the position include strong computer skills, professional communication skills both written and verbal, ability to work across functions and excel in a team environment that promotes a can do, will do attitude.
Responsibilities will include:
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry
- Data enter invoices for payment
- Process backup reports after data entry
- Manage the weekly check run
- Record all checks
- Prepare vendor checks for mailing
- List all vendor checks in the log book
- Prepare manual checks as and when required
- Maintain listing of accounts payable
- Maintain the general ledger
- Maintain updated vendor files and file numbers
- Print and distribute monthly financial reports
We are a well-established growing family owned and operated manufacturing company in the Stockton area that offers an excellent working environment with opportunity for career advancement. We offer a competitive compensation package which includes health, dental, vision, vacation, and 401k.
If interested, please attach resume and cover letter along with salary requirements.